Tuesday, June 14, 2011

back to work

Today was my first day back to work in a little over three weeks, and boy, oh boy, was I ready to do something other than be in my own house for hours on end. Although while I've been home I've found lots of things to do with the kiddos this summer, like make fairy houses, join the reading program at JPL, and pick blueberries, and maybe even some strawberries (if I can find a patch close). I don't know if I have ever been so excited to get up in the morning, well it was either that, or pregnancy makes it really hard to get comfortable, but I'm pretty sure I just missed their sweet little faces. And here is one of the many reasons why:

While we were on our way into town today to take Molly to school this morning this conversation occured:

Molly: "Did you lose your baby?"
Me: "Um, nope, he's not here yet, I'm still growing him in my belly, remember?"
Molly: "Oh...ok"
Emily: "Yeah, ok, but when will he be here already?"
Me: "Well, in about 59 more days."
Emily: "Are you sure it hasn't been long enough yet, I want to see his face."
Me: "Me too."

I then tried to explain maternity leave to an almost seven year old, and failed miserably, I only know this because after I got done I glanced in my rear-view mirror and Molly was playing with her toes, and Emily was staring at a piece of hair right between her eyes.  Oh, and David was still reading the book he started before we even left the driveway.

I feel so blessed to spend my days with this particular family and to know that these kids will grow up to be something extra special.

They make my heart smile. And my face too.

No comments: