Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jonah's Journey

Here is a rundown of Jonah's very eventful arrival. We got to the hospital Thursday night to kickstart labor with some magical medicine. After a night of little rest and an early morning start of labor (4am), we were on our way to meeting baby Jonah! Of course he couldn't arrive uneventfully. During the night and early morning as my contractions would increase his heart rate would decrease. After my doctor was informed about what was going on, she made the decision that a c section was going to be our best option and it needed to be sooner rather than later. From the time they decided we were going to do a c section and baby Jonah arrived was less than an hour. Looking back, I think it may have been more of an emergency than they led us to believe, and honestly, I'm okay with that.

My parents had decided to head to Joplin after my dad got off work on Friday and just hang out until they could see the new babe. The timing of the day could not have turned out better. My dad got off work in Tulsa at noon and my mom and siblings picked him up from work and headed this way, they ended up at the hospital only minutes after I was moved to my recovery room. I'm so glad they could be there so soon and were able to stay for the weekend. I really don't know if they know how much it meant to us to have them come for so long and spend so much sweet time with precious Jonah.

While we were in the hospital we had a slue of people come visit us and meet baby Jonah. I would try to name everyone, but I think I would forget someone or this might go on for another 83 paragraphs, but to each and every one of you that came, thank you. You have no idea how much the love that was shown and the smiles shared made my recovery not so terrible, except that the worst part of my recovery so far has been laughing. There has been no shortage of laughter in the last five days and most of that is Jacob's fault. But apparently I can't be mad about that, because I knew how funny he was when I said "I do". psh. I think that might wrap up the hospital stay, and if not, I will write again soon. You can see pictures of baby Jonah's first days here and new pictures from August here.


-the mommy

No comments: