Tuesday, July 12, 2011

baby face

Today I was thinking about all of the modern technologies we have and how convenient and fun most of them are, like ultrasounds.

At the beginning of my pregnancy we had a few ultrasounds to see how he was growing and check regular stuff, but we haven't had any since the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. We also had an elective ultrasound around 18 weeks when my family came up here and got to go with us when we found out he has boy parts. :)

I ramble because today I realized that after the 6 or so ultrasounds we had, we haven't got to see the little man's face! I think we have one profile picture that turned out really blurry since he was being a wiggle worm. But really, we have no idea what he looks like, not even a guess. I think most people (or at least ones I have talked to lately) get a sweet little 3d shot of their wee one's face to guess at who's nose he has or maybe even a sweet little smile, but I guess we did get a shot of his tiny tush. :) Not until I came upon this realization did I start to get incredibly anxious to meet him!  I mean, that, and the fact that seems like time is slipping through my fingers (24 more days if you're curious).

We are slowly getting things together and ready for him to make his appearance, very slowly. We finally picked out a carseat and are going to get it on Thursday after my 36 week appt. I have most of my hospital bag packed except things like our toothbrushes and phone charger. I talked to my mom today and they are going to bring the bassinet that they used for me and all my siblings up here when baby comes...and my dad is fixing it up for us and painting it and everything...I'm so excited!

Oh and I cannot forget to mention that we are going to do maternity pictures this weekend with Melodie (if you haven't checked her out yet...do it now!) I just have to decide what to wear, which may be a challenge since I'm outgrowing most of my clothes.

I feel like I ramble, but you like it...right?

Oh and if you have any awesome suggestions for a playlist at the hospital...tell me them now. please. thank you.

I'm really not this bossy normally...promise.

No comments: