Tuesday, July 5, 2011

time flies...literally

So, this is almost too funny not to share.

I called my Dr's office this morning to see what time I made my appt. for next week and while the receptionist was looking it up this happens:
Receptionist: "Wow, I can't believe you're so close to the end, it's pretty exciting huh?"
Me: "Yep only a little over 5 weeks away."
SILENCE
Receptionist: "I think you mean 4 weeks, you know a month from tomorrow"
Me: "Silly question: When is my due date then?"
Receptionist: "August 6"
Me: "Are you sure about that?"

I thought (incorrectly for 8 months now) that my due date was the 12th and after that conversation and two similar ones with both of the nurses, I was wrong. I just lost 6 days of being pregnant. Yipes. Everyone seems to be pretty excited, and I'm sooooo excited to meet this little guy too! But, to be honest I feel a little unprepared, I'm not sure why 6 days makes such a difference in my head, oh, maybe because it's almost a whole week...eeeek.

I can't help but laugh about this, and I'm sure it will be funny for a while.

Other than time literally flying by we celebrated Independence Day this weekend with some friends and food and fireworks, and it was fantastic. I took pictures and everything, but then I left my camera at the party, so I don't have them with me now, but I know if I wait for the pictures to publish this, it is very likely it won't get done. So, look forward to those later.

No comments: